Where in world...?

An old friend phoned the other day. He never phones. But this time he just had to know: "What are you doing living in Florence?"
He thought I was in Florence, Italy. I told him it was Florence, Massachusetts.
Here are some answers -- my occasional wanderings through Florence, MA and the surrounding Pioneer Valley.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Thank Goodness for Florence Hardware

You may notice the images and photos so far are borrowed from other sites. I happen to own a camera, though I didn't have enough batteries. The things in my house that need batteries are getting rechargeable ones as I go through their replacements, leaving my camera without juice. So I knew I had to visit the local store for more rechargeable batteries to get photos going. After all, what kind of traveler goes without taking photos these days?

Here is the amazing Florence Hardware, located on Maple Street in Florence:
Lori and Todd, with their children and colleagues, run this terrific store. They have everything you need, and then some. They also have some cute pets to keep customers entertained if the local gossip isn't quite flowing... (I have never participated in the gossip sessions, but I hear about them all the time from my future father-in-law, a regular visitor.)


No comments: